Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Technician family within the Product Operations department works closely with actuarial, quantitative analysts, and coverage consultants to develop, analyze, and implement needed price and underwriting changes in Allstate’s various lines of business. Responsibilities include interfacing with the different business units as well as internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, other teams within Product Operations, as well as state Departments of Insurance (DOI).
The Technician Associate will be responsible for supporting technicians in their projects that include, but are not limited to: rate and rule changes, initiatives, data calls, compliance projects, system inquiries and other small projects
- Collaborates with Technicians on Rate Page documentation
- Provides support for zip inquiry processes
- Updates Blueprint documentation for upcoming rate changes
- Provides support for Portfolio Management Tool(PMT) maintenance for discretionary and compliance projects
- Provides support for post-implementation documentations including Technician Implementation Guidelines & Requirements TIGR manual updates
- Creates folder structures for state files
- Update and Maintain DOI response repository
- Checks RAP Reports and other technician documents
- Updates rate activity status
- Provides support for compendium update
- Collaborates work with technicians and other internal customers
- Handles ad hoc requests from internal customers
- Adheres to quality check and documentation processes
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 0-1 years of experience preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and window based applications
- Intermediate communication skills(both oral and written)
- Intermediate time management skills
- Basic project management skills
- Quality control and attention to detail
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.