Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Product Owner/Product Manager (Highly Autonomous Vehicle Safety Services) Responsibilities:
- Become the internal product expert for Risk Map and Insurance products.
- Assist in definition of product vision, value proposition, positioning, and roadmap for Risk Map and Highly Autonomous Vehicle Services.
- Conduct research and analysis of industry and market data (customers/competition/technology) that will impact Driver Safety and Insurance pricing.
- Process input from Customers and internal sources to provide clear product and project prioritization
- Assist in developing technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to ensure customer specifications are met during development and manage the development of product definitions and functional requirements.
- Exhibit strong sense of ownership and ability to work in global team environment
- Work closely with Customer Marketing/UX to facilitate creation of ground breaking user experiences across form factors.
- Support ongoing relationships and strategic alignment with product stakeholders for key customer accounts
- Represent Allstate in customer meetings, external functions, projects and consortia, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in computer science/Business/GIS.
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment (e.g.. database or software applications)
- Strong technical background in working with ADAS systems and Connected/Automotive Cloud APIs is a big plus.
- Background in GIS and Navigation applications is a big plus.
- Strong Excel and data modeling skills are required.
- Experience in product managing mobile app ( Android and iOS ) and HTML5 based sites is desired.
- Ability to cooperate in a cross-functional team environment spread across many departments, while driving for desired outcomes.
- Ability/willingness to travel ~10-20%
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Results oriented as demonstrated by proven ability to meet short deadlines and execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision. Demonstrates ability to work independently and directly with management.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.