Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Area of responsibility
The Innovation Consultant plays a crucial role in developing new products and businesses around emerging technologies (e.g. big data, digital, Internet of Things). This person drives strategic insight, action, and impact on high profile opportunities through creative problem solving and rigorous analysis.
- Provide thought leadership through hard-hitting, high quality data analysis and research
- Assess potential outcomes for new products using structured, hypothesis-driven approach
- Solve ambiguous problems with limited data availability by being resourceful, creative, and persistent
- Present information in a concise, visually compelling manner to senior executives
- Contribute to product design, testing/prototyping, and market launch efforts
- Collaborate effectively as a team player, facilitating positive energy/engagement
Pivot as needed to different workstreams, operating as a “smart generalist” who can add value with limited knowledge on a topic
- Bachelor’s degree with a differentiated academic track record
- 2+ years of work experience
- 1+ year in an analytically rigorous role
- Strong willingness to learn
- Able to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar subject areas and add value with limited knowledge
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Professional, polished communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Interested in and conversant about technology
- Collaborates effectively across organizations with a warm, engaging style
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, “startup-like” environment
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.’s largest companies and most respected brands
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.