Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Customer Solutions Consultant (CSC) works closely with Field Leaders and Financial Services Representatives to deliver our Customer Value Proposition (CVP) to targeted customer segments of the business. Through case consultations, the CSC works with our financial services producers to optimize single/packaged solution recommendations that address customer financial services needs and deepen relationships. This role is responsible for generating a high level of production in their assigned regions through improved prospecting, solution recommendations, case consultation & closure of sales opportunities. This individual is also responsible for the producer’s development in the areas of consultative selling, advanced sales and the selling to the business owner market.
- Develop new business opportunities and sales growth by initiating and maintaining strong producer relationships
- Increase financial services sales through consultative sales approach
- Assist producers with understanding customer segments and how to prospect book
- Assist with product recommendations and creation of customer solutions presentations
- Assist with client meetings & presentations, as needed
- Follow-up on pending cases/plans to improve close rates
- Provide technical and sales support on Advanced Market opportunities
- Support requests for assistance to develop advanced sales cases
- Follow-up on pending plans to improve close rates and related sales
- Train & educate targeted group of producers
- Build knowledge in Advanced Sales (including how to prospect for more business & close cases)
- Present and administer Growth Strategy curriculum and set goals with local leadership on how to achieve/maintain increased productivity of participants
- Provide case consultation where needed to drive higher production
- Present Allstate Business Planning Institute program and work with local leaders to successfully certify participants
- Work with Allstate Certified Business Planners® to set goals & approach to successfully reach business owner market
- Achieve regional recertification goal and related sales results
- Build strong relationships with field sales leaders (Financial Services Consultants, Field Sales Leaders, Field Benefits Leasers & Allstate Business Insurance leaders)
- Gain alignment on regional strategy & business plans to reach targeted customer segments (including Business Owner Market)
- Work with 3rd Party Advanced Sales resources to optimize support to agency channel and Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) group
- Heavy travel will be required
- Must have minimum of 7 years field sales experience in financial products (personal production, advanced sales, wholesaling) and a proven ability to generate business as measured by sales and persistency
- Experience in consultative selling
- Series 6 or 7, 63 & Life and Health Insurance License required.
- Advanced degrees or professional designations such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, JD, CPA preferred
- 4 year college degree desired.
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Advanced Sales market included retirement Q/NQ plans, estate plans, business planning, tax code, etc.
- Broad and Strong financial services product knowledge (Life Insurance, Annuities, Securities, DI, LTC)
- Broad and Strong knowledge of protection, accumulation, distribution and asset transfer strategies
- Current knowledge in FINRA, SEC, Broker/Dealer compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills – Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust.
- Strong communication skills – Includes business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, both in creation and delivery, to current and prospective clients
- Problem solving – Uses judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Must be able to work independently to establish and grow territory.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.