Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Strategic Ventures is responsible for corporate venturing activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments, business partnerships, and other strategic relationships. The focus of the group is to accelerate Allstate’s business strategies and create new business opportunities by accessing emerging markets, capabilities, products/services, and talent.
Internally, the team works with leaders across the business to identify key investment focus areas and priorities to focus investment and business development efforts as well as coordinate the interaction between Allstate and investment portfolio companies.
Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators/accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other third parties to identify technologies, capabilities, companies, and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform our business.
This role will support the Strategic Ventures team with sourcing, evaluating, performing due diligence, structuring, negotiating and managing investment opportunities globally. The Analyst will have an opportunity to work closely with the senior management team in identifying and executing on strategic transactions that will advance Allstate’s position as a leader in the U.S. P&C space.
- Supports screening processes to vet deals through strategic, financial and investment value considerations
- Performs in-depth company and market assessments and due diligence that would cover a review of the target company’s management team, company financials, proposal’s market potential, company governance and structure, etc.
- Conducts extensive research and provide regular reports on new potential opportunities providing recommendations to the Managing Director
- Builds and manages start-up and contact databases
- Builds comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups as well as venture capital portfolio as a whole
- Prepares comprehensive Investment Memoranda and Presentations for the Investment Committee
- Works closely with the internal business units and coordinate all mission critical activities
- Starts building a network with counterparts in the VC community, accelerators, universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Provides support to portfolio companies as needed
- Actively tracks and provides updates on performance of portfolio companies to senior management
- Supports development of exit recommendations for Investment Committee review
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university with a strong academic track record
- Preferred candidates will have 1 to 3 years of experience in venture capital/private equity investing, investment banking, accelerator/incubator program or top tier management consulting where PE/VC or Corporate Finance were a focus
- Ability to learn quickly and think outside the box
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem
- Team first attitude and a commitment to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess critical thinking skills and keen focus on details
- Demonstrable experience in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis in tight timeframes and simultaneously juggling multiple workstreams
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be ethical and honest, possess high integrity and be trustworthy
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.