Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for the development and implementation of system and process enhancements for one or more Field disciplines or offices. The job provides Field support by serving as a subject matter expert on business system and process questions. The individual also manages vendor relationships by providing oversight of vendor operational, quality and performance metrics, communicating changes in process and procedure as needed, and defining and communicating goals to vendors. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
Process Design / Improvement
- Participates in assessing current processes and identifying potential enhancements or changes due to regulatory requirements or other business needs through Field visits, reviews, research, etc.
- Researches current state and future state of new technology processes and impacts of regulatory changes
- Collaborates with peers and Field offices to define processes around new technology and non technology enhancements
- Participates in small to medium sized projects supporting technology and process enhancements; may assist with developing project plans or manage unit testing process
- Coordinates meetings between other AORs, peers, and Field officers to ensure that processes are usable for the frontline adjusters and processors; collaborates with the Field to ensure that projects meet requirements
- Answers questions from the Field regarding major release items
- Serves as a resource for a variety of topics related to Field processes, including, but not limited to, rental management, quality assurance, customer experience, vendor management, coverage investigation, method of inspection, etc.
- Handles requests and questions from the Field regarding the need for updated processes and job aids
- Serves as a subject matter expert to ensure the Field has the information needed to understand how to use various processes and tools accordingly
- Oversees and manages vendor relationships with one or more disciplines or functions in the Claims organization
- Evaluates vendor performance through continuous analysis of KPIs, quality, compliance and responsiveness to staffing requests
- Communicates changes in process and develops and provides vendor performance data
- Conducts regular operational calls, calibration calls, quality assurance reviews, and KPI assessment with Field users/customers and with vendors
- Reviews and tracks invoices and budgets and works with Field users and managers to ensure vendor is operating within budget
- Assists in analyzing optimum vendor utilization based on need and budget and communicates to Field and Home Office stakeholders as needed
- Engages Compliance to ensure internal controls are followed for vendor on boarding and review
- Engages with vendor when business and performance goals are not being met to identify performance hurdles and determine resolution
- Compiles, reviews, and analyzes operational reports related to vendor performance, usage, budget and spending, and other key metrics
- Compiles and reviews month end reporting for payment to vendors
- Compiles and reviews vendor scorecard and performance metrics
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex claims
- Provides broad individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.