Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This opportunity with Allstate Insurance Company is an exciting role because you are working directly with business owners and their staff. You will make an impact in their business by providing education to ensure Allstate Agencies are able to follow operational policies and procedures, while achieving regional business objectives. As an Education Consultant you are accountable for supporting the needs of our agencies by coordinating, developing, and executing the delivery of new and existing educational offerings to drive sustainable, profitable growth. You will consult with Sales Leaders and other departments on ways to effectively implement education processes and more efficiently achieve business objectives, while collaborating with other regions and departments on processes, standards, and successes. This position sits within our Sales Support Department.
The Sales Support Department helps develop business policies, processes and programs as well as provides a broad range of support designed to help Allstate Agencies achieve business objectives. This department works directly with Allstate business owners and their staff to increase growth in the Property and Casualty and Life and Retirement areas, as well as improve the customer experience.
Field travel is required for this position.
Position is located in Largo, Orlando, or Coconut Creek.
This individual is responsible for the following:
- Provide expert knowledge of Allstate systems, product knowledge and basic selling skills.
- Possess knowledge of sales, sales processes, back office support and trend identification as well as a thorough understanding of agency contracts, compliance requirements, Allstate policies, and procedures, and agency standards.
- Analyze agency education needs and design and develop curriculum which will align with regional goals and priorities.
- Identify information needed to support business objectives and improve programs.
- Work with leadership to determine educational priorities. For example, one market needs additional education on a particular compliance issue, and another market might need education for recruiting staff. Work with leadership to develop a delivery method and plan for implementation.
- Work with Field Sales Leaders, New Agents, and Existing Agents to improve compliance results for agencies
- Inform and engage agencies to encourage on-going learning and reinforcement of skills.
- Creatively design, develop, and obtain legal approval for new programs for delivery to agencies focused on Regional objectives.
- With expert knowledge and skills, prepare and facilitate technology education, product education, and sales skills training to agencies in order to achieve regional objectives.
- Communicate educational offerings and engage interest in courses offered.
- Monitor and analyze agency results for those who have attended education to confirm understanding of training.
- Clearly and completely document all training provided. Consistently document agency progress in SalesForce.
- Attend Territorial and Market Meetings as requested or needed.
- Understand pricing, claims and sales trends.
- Develop a good understanding of competitors and industry practices. Have a good understanding of Insurance Industry as a whole.
- 1-3 years of business related/sales/consulting experience
- 1-3 years facilitation/education experience
- 4 year college degree required
- Property & Casualty and Life, Health and Variable Annuity license preferred (licensing will be required to be obtained within 60 days of starting the position)
- Expert facilitation, presentation and consulting skills
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers and develop effective internal relationships across business functions
- Strong organizational, time management, multi-tasking and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong WebEX skills
- Overnight travel is Required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.