Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Property Claims Adjuster in Woodridge, IL!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic property or liability insurance claims. This individual may or may not handle losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works with clients. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies basic coverage/policy information
• Provides coverage explanation to customer
• Reviews/approves basic repair estimate
• Prepares basic damage estimates
• Organizes and reconciles bills
• Conducts fast track estimating
• Handles basic additional living expense claims as needed
• Handles basic contents inventories and pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
• Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• Conducts subrogation investigations
• Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience plus two years’ experience delivering outstanding customer service preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
• Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
• Veterans and Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.