Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Competitive Intelligence Consultant II is responsible for tracking the activities of the overall market, specific competitors and providing activity updates, threat and opportunity assessments. This individual supports the development of new plans, programs, processes or products through findings and fact based interpretations of competitive intelligence with a subject matter focus on competitive intelligence related to price, product and underwriting. This is a senior level analyst position responsible for coordinating, maintaining and in some cases leading projects and processes and is responsible for providing medium complexity analytical and competitive research to primarily support the Product Operations Line Management Teams.
Competitive Intelligence Scanning
- Identify and communicate trends, competitive forces, competitor strategies
- Categorize and translate findings into basic recommendations that inform operational, tactical, innovative and strategic business decisions
- In support of the CI Network, perform scanning process to include the needs of other departments. As we disseminate our findings, make sure we include special communications to those departments on their department specific requests
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in Allstate competitors
- Proactively communicate important competitive information and knowledge to team members and peers
- Develop and create deliverables that inform decision-makers about Allstate competitors
- Make interpretations of the implications to Allstate of competitive intelligence as it is gathered and analyzed
Competitive Intelligence (CI) Internal and External Network
- Maintain and communicate a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies
- Provide research and facilitate discussion on market trends and hot topics
- Expand and maintain a competitive intelligence network of contacts, both internal to Allstate and External to Allstate
- Maintain accessibility of our deliverables to interested areas of the company
- Make recommendations for best use of competitive data back to the team and within our deliverables
Research and Analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency is described as the ability to utilize the tools and CI techniques independently. May need assistance interpreting results and commenting on implications of CI research.
- Perform intermediate competitive analysis and the analysis of unstructured problems; collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue
- Apply a proficient level of knowledge in competitive intelligence research, analysis and industry trends.
- Assemble typical research data and findings for others to interpret into business strategies; may present findings to various audiences
- Under minimal supervision, manage multiple intermediate and some unique work assignments
- Develop basic business recommendations, present and communicate findings to peers and various levels of management
- Acquire and develop intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and intermediate knowledge of competitive intelligence research and analytic methodologies
- Participate in competitive intelligence projects and processes
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience, with intermediate research and analysis experience, intermediate experience in qualitative research and competitive analysis/intelligence and experience in P&C insurance industry
- Intermediate project/process management and development
- Intermediate knowledge in using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of synthesis and storytelling as it relates to key competitive insights
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant industry techniques (i.e. SWOT, scenario planning, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of P&C Pricing, Product and Underwriting
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proficient at working with competitive intelligence end-users to understand their needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.