Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Team (AOR job description)
The Staff & Retained Counsel division represents policyholders in claims-related litigation/disputes through staff counsel offices throughout multiple states and, when appropriate, through the retention of outside law firms around the country. It also represents the company in a variety of litigation as well. This group is responsible for leading, coordinating and advancing Allstate’s large nationwide staff counsel organization and the strategic management of the Claims panel of retained outside counsel. The Staff & Retained Counsel group works closely with our Claim Department as well as the company’s regions to regularly assess both short and long-term strategic needs, direction and trends.
The Trial Attorney represents clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass, and Esurance (“the Company”) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability lawsuits. Represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. The Trial Attorney will conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies and, acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business area’s processes and procedures as well as best practices. The Trial Attorney will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and achieving team objectives.
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of state of practicing
- 3 plus years of litigation and or subrogation experience, including 1st OR 2nd chair jury trial experience
- Insurance defense strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, LexisNexis (preferred), and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by Lead Counsel
- Must be able to handle a heavy caseload
- Travel required (court, doctors’ depositions, discovery depositions, and case evaluations, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.