Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Trial Attorney, you will represent clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass Insurance
Company, and Esurance (“the Company”) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability
lawsuits. You will also represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. You will
also conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies.
You will acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business area’s processes and procedures as well as best
practices. You will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating
case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your
clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and
achieving team objectives. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal
and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc.
You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Assess liability and damages, and develop defenses to allegations for successful resolution of cases
- Attend hearings and conduct trials
- Argue motions, take effective depositions of lay and expert witnesses
- Consult with clients and opposing counsel and the judiciary
- Coordinate case handling with claims personnel
- Complete necessary case management system documentation
- Assist other attorneys in resolving calendar conflicts as required
- Must be able to handle a heavy caseload
- Will be covering the entire state of Alabama - Must have High Energy
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of Alabama state bar
- 1-5 years of litigation experience, including 1st OR 2nd chair jury trial experience highly preferred
- Insurance defense strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, LexisNexis (preferred), and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by Lead Counsel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.