Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Are you looking for a way to help people in need who have experienced or have been impacted by a catastrophic loss? Do you have a passion for helping others? Have an eye for detail? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? Are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Catastrophe Claims Outside Property Adjuster!
As an Allstate CAT Outside Property Claims Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people’s lives after they’ve had a loss. Under limited supervision, you would be responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling property damage and liability insurance claims. You will be traveling to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis, reviewing the insurance policy, evaluating damages, determining loss coverage and authorizing payments. It is imperative that you deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. You would work independently, prioritizing responsibilities, and managing your own workload while ensuring that you are meeting customer service standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with our customers and vendors
- Treat customers respectfully and compassionately
- Solve problems, make decisions, and take action
- Conduct research, investigate details, and estimate damage
- Create an organized work routine in a virtual environment
- Work independently and responsibly to handle claims in a professional and caring manner
- Work as a team within an assigned unit and also within the team at large
- Create and maintain business relationships
- Support Allstate's commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Manage communication, verbally or in writing, regarding claim processes/procedures with other customers, employees, leaders and teams.
Working environment: Please note that, since this is a field position, you will need to have a valid driver’s license. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel across the country as much as 90% of your working time. You will be working 10 days on with 4 days off, as a result, you must be willing to work weekends and extended hours as necessary. In addition you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder, and climb up and down it many times a day.
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED), plus three years’ experience writing estimates for an insurance carrier or in an auto body shop.
- OR, a four-year degree preferred with a proven record for delivering outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjuster’s license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.