Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
• Provide administration support to one or more attorneys, and provide assistance, as required, to others in the Staff counsel office, clients and customers.
• Ability to complete professional documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda reports, outlines, schedules and client communications
• Handle, sort, and scan incoming mail
• Schedule depositions and manage attorney calendars
• Draft correspondences and memos
• Take phone calls, including communications from the court
• Handle unusual situations and confidential information with sensitivity
• Make decisions within established procedures under general supervision.
• Monitor and maintain compliance with Team Connect - the Claim Litigation Management System.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 1-5 years’ administrative experience, insurance defense setting is highly preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and colleagues; handle calls and inquiries in a timely manner
- Prioritizes work well and organize own time; able to multitask
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Team Oriented individual
- Ability to complete professional documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, schedules and client communications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.