Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
• Provide varied administration support to one or more attorneys, and provide assistance, as required, to others in the staff counsel office, clients and customers.
• File pleadings, prepare documents, and organize file material received from claims office and opposing counsel
• Schedule depositions and confirm calendar appointments
• Draft correspondences and memos
• Take phone calls, including communications from the court
• Receive and appropriately process all incoming and outgoing mail to a paperless format
• Monitor and maintain compliance with proprietary case management system.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 3+ years of legal administrative assistant experience, preferably in insurance defense and/or litigation
- Intermediate knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and other web-based applications
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and fellow employees
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to complete professional documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda, reports outlines, schedules and client communications
- Ability to properly handle confidential information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.