Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
2017 Internship - Arity Product Manager (Chicago,IL)
As an Arity Product Manager Intern, you will be working with Allstate’s newest startup. Located in downtown Chicago, Arity is a telematics company helping companies better evaluate risk and enabling safer driving experiences. We’ll pair you with an experienced product manager mentor and give you a clear goal to achieve. By the end of the summer you will have brought a new product feature from an idea to beginning market testing. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks. You will be accountable for ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
- Work closely with Arity clients and business stakeholders to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client and product requirements
- Deliver a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization, driven by user research and testing
- Work with design resources to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Help innovate and iterate on agile product management processes and share our learnings
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Experience conducting user research and working with UX teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; love of fast-paced environments
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with API products
- Pursuing MBA from a top-tier university
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.