Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Total Loss Adjuster in Clarksburg, MD!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for settling total loss claims by conducting vehicle valuations in situations where the settlement amount is disputed by the customer. This job is responsible for researching discrepancies, and reviewing and submitting any receipts or other documentation that affect vehicle valuation.
Specific responsibilities include
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Determines applicable coverages in basic claims involving a single claimant and determines applicable coverage limits in basic claims involving multiple claimants
• Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, etc. and prepares summaries
• Reviews investigation notes and determines claim value, coverage and liability for basic claims
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
• Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
• Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience plus two years’ experience delivering outstanding customer service preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
• Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
• Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.