Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Total Loss Claims Service Specialist in Clarksburg, Maryland.
A vital role in helping to deliver a superior customer experience!
Our customers need us the most when they file a claim. As a Total Loss Claims Service Specialist, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people’s lives after they have experienced a loss. Most importantly, you will work with our customers to guide them through the conclusion of Total Loss claims process in a caring and professional manner. This role includes contacting customers, Banks, and Lien holders to gather the required information and issue payments. As part of this team, you will be responsible for working with our Salvage Vendor and processing salvage timely and accurately. You will also handle every step from managing incoming calls and data entry, to filing reports. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Handling telephone interactions with customers
• Typing and documentation skills
• Supporting claim adjusters by completing and managing varying claim tasks
• Filing reports and customer information
• Utilizing search engines and tools to locate information
• Other administrative duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED), plus one year of customer service experience in an office environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to help others
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Fluency in Spanish is especially desirable
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.