Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is with the Field Product Management Team in the North Central Region. The purpose of the department is to support and drive profitable growth and increasing market share in the North Central Region. This is being driven through specific price/product/risk management initiatives, market intelligence, local market planning, and policy adherence.
This position has several main responsibilities including: leading the development of new tools and resources to help manage the profitability and growth of our personal lines products in the North Central Region; supporting margin management analysis through the monitoring and communication of key profitability measures by line and quality. The candidate will be responsible for root cause analysis, development of strategies, execution and communication of these results using all available tools and resources. This is also an agency facing position which requires effective participation in large and small group meetings for new product/rate launches, compliance and education. This position will be located in Farmington Hills, MI. Mobility is a requirement.
- Analyze line results at a company and segment level to establish realistic and effective Risk Management Policy.
- Data Analytics – with some experience or familiarity with SAS, SQL,Tableau, etc. to build tools or reports that will guide risk management decision-making in the department/region with the goal of profitable growth.
- Assist with the design and execution of regional Risk Management Policy and process.
- Execution of complex projects using accepted project management standards that include effective requirement gathering skills and working well with others.
- Continuous improvement of existing Underwriting / Product Operations applications and processes.
- Translation of underwriting concepts into logical design documentation for communication and execution.
- Analyzing and interpreting business results, as well as demographic, economic, and competitor data to identify segments or markets with the highest potential for growth.
- Perform detailed analyses on profitability and causes of margin pressure
- Develop, communicate, and gain alignment on recommendations to positively impact profitability within a given state and line of business
- Collaborate and interface with other departments and field/territory contacts for the improvement of financial results.
- Monitor the results of implemented initiatives.
- Monitor new business trends to assess quality and effectiveness, as well as identify emerging issues.
- Strong financial acumen and technical analytic abilities including data analytics and some familiarity with SAS, SQL and/or statistical software such as Tableau or Qlik.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced ability to manipulate and analyze data, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Prior analytical and technical experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated customer focus
- The ability to quickly develop a working understanding of new applications.
- Initiative and decision making ability to complete projects to their fullest potential
- Storyline development – create and deliver conclusive and recommendation oriented presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in accredited College or University
- Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Insurance/Risk Management, Business or related business curriculum preferred
- Candidates should possess the ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating a strong work ethic and problem solving skills.
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.