Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
The Technical Product Manager (Discovery) drives the creation of technology for new products and businesses, acting at the intersection of development, design, and business strategy teams. This person leads the efforts of an early-stage software development team to assess new product concepts, to determine feasibility and performance of third party technology solution providers, and to inform how new features should be implemented in production.
- Lead software development team in rapid prototyping and research investigations to determine feasibility, de-risk, define, and assess new features for production.
- Assess capabilities and performance of third party technology provider solutions.
- Interact with design and product owner teams to guide the feature roadmap and to ensure alignment of product designs with technical capabilities.
- Use innovative problem-solving techniques to enable desired product features and to overcome technical challenges.
- Manage transition of cutting-edge technical features from early-stage development teams into commercial product development.
- Identify potential intellectual property during development and submit disclosures for patent applications.
- 3-5 years experience in managing software development team efforts, either as a development lead or product manager.
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment. Broad familiarity with mobile system architectures, cloud-based infrastructure, database systems, and emerging technology areas (e.g. Internet of Things, cybersecurity, Big Data, etc.).
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment, ideally with work history in a product owner role.
- Relevant work history of translating desired product features to technical requirements for new products, ideally with role in system architecture definition.
- Familiarity with intellectual property (IP) concepts, identifying potential new IP in problem-solving, and submitting patent disclosures.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, high-risk, “startup-like” environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field. MBA preferred. May also consider candidates with business-related Bachelor’s degree combined with significant technical work experience.
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact.
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups.
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.’s largest companies and most respected brands.
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth.
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.