Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role will be responsible for acting as a Technical Lead for a suite of consumer facing web applications for Allstate Roadside Services. This person will be responsible for code reviews, best practice frameworks, attending solution design meetings and providing technical expertise to software engineers.
- Tech Lead in Charlotte location, supporting front end and back end java applications related to Roadside.
- Drive and execute development of apps within global resource model
- Will need to set strategic direction and follow new and/or existing standard frameworks
- Communicate, present and convince co-workers of all levels
- Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validate accuracy of others’ estimates and works with project managers in continuous process improvement for estimating
- Front end and backend java experience
- JSP / Servlets
- Web Frameworks Struts / Spring
- Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services - SOAP / REST
- Languages like XML and JSON
- Frameworks like Swing, SWT, AWT, JavaFX
- SQL Queries - Inner Outer Joins, Group By , Having
- Stored Procedures
- Create and Review Technical Designs
- Code Reviews
- Communication across all levels of organizations
- Create technical presentations
- Create and persuade others to execute on own idea
- Coach and develop others
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.