Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Senior Manager of Program Measurement will work closely with the Director to influence the strategy of the team. This person will own a portion of the team’s responsibilities and lead a group of program measurement managers to execute on that portion of the strategy. This will include further developing experienced team members as well as training and teaching new team members.
Elements of the strategy most influenced by the Senior Manager will include the determination of appropriate data sources, and measurement methodology. It will include the determination of the most efficient and informative reports to enable analysis that derives actionable insights.
Develops, leads, and continually optimizes portfolio of projects to execute measurement of marketing strategies
- Translates vision and strategies into roadmaps and projects
- Leads multiple, complex analytical and modeling projects with many team members
- Ensures projects are managed according to overall plan managing scope, mitigating risks and solving for project risks
- Effectively understands the business problems, requirements, and context in communicating findings to ensure model & measurement are well understood and incorporated into business processes
Engages Marketing and cross-functional leadership to influence marketing strategy
- Presents business cases with senior leadership in Marketing and influences cross-functionally to take, implement and deliver on recommended actions
- Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals
- Encourages risk taking and innovation
- Applies efforts to diverse and complex situations to determine solutions, alternatives or guidance
- Represents Allstate on panels, in outside venues or forums
- Partner with outside business units in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions
Develops and builds alignment around measurement, machine learning/predictive modeling & optimization strategies
- Builds & evolves vision and strategy of using machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization and data
- Builds alignment for vision and strategy of using industry best practice measurement, machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization and data working closely with the Analytics, Strategy & Planning teams and other business partners, fostering relationships and engaging resources across departments
- Leads efforts for continuous improvements with data, tools, methodology and processes
- Advances industry best practice measurement, machine learning/predictive modeling and optimization development within the department
- Serves as subject matter expert and consultant on marketing program measurement related issues inside and outside the department
Leads, develops and builds team dedicated to executing program measurement strategies
- Directs, supports and executes talent management developing bench strength from analysts to project managers to new managers
- Identifies skill gaps and devises training plans to develop talent in focus area
- Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish departmental goals
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise educating teams on initiatives, strategy and models
- Works to maintain a friendly and collaborative work environment
- Insurance industry and/or Marketing analytics & program measurement knowledge a plus
- This position prefers a Master’s in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, finance, or economics with a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Extensive experience leading teams and cross functional projects
- Proven ability to manage teams overseeing statistical measurement, machine learning/predictive modeling, and optimization in software such as SAS, SPSS, Matlab, R, CART, Python, Java, etc.
- Proven knowledge of advanced techniques such as GLM, GAM, Machine Learning algorithms, decision tress, etc.
- Ability to train, develop, and teach entry level to experienced team members
- An advanced knowledge about business in general and seasoned, in-depth, multi-dimensional knowledge of industry and company economics
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts
- Ability to lead teams in the development of industry best practice measurement, machine learning/predictive modeling, and optimization
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Proven communication and influence skills taking varying audiences into consideration
- Experience with digital marketing technologies (DMP, DSP, etc.) is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.