Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Connected Car team develops and oversees strategic initiatives within the roadmap for Connected Car (Allstate’s usage-based insurance program). The team also provides oversight and day-to-day direction to continuously improve the Connected Car experience and optimize operational performance.
The Connected Car Product Development Lead Consultant is responsible for execution and day-to-day activities related to developing new Milewise product offerings and capabilities. This role will either contribute to or execute on idea generation, consumer and market research, test design, test execution and measurement, product implementation, field and agent interaction and roll out.
- Executes tests of innovative services delivered through the Milewise Product
- Plans and executes cross functional ideation sessions and ideation exercises (crowdsourcing, app attacks, etc.); participates and contributes ideas
- Informs and coordinates primary marketing research pre and post ideation sessions, to inform ideas, test plans, and various steps of the product development process; participates in researching secondary research
- Executes learning plans, test plans and feasibility studies; helps develop and execute measurement plan to evaluate how tests are performed against targets
- Involves cross functional interaction with a number of different groups, including, but not limited to: ATO, Marketing, Sales, Product Management and consideration of customer and agent impact
- Collaborates with resources within the department and across supporting business units on the measurement plan to support the tests
- Contributes to development of documentation / presentations on test processes and recommendations for connected car leadership team and various stakeholder audiences (leaders, test participants)
- Executes implementation plans of concepts that move to roll out; includes but are not limited to: working with product team, state filings, ATO, Marketing, Training, Claims, and Regions
- Works collaboratively with skilled individual contributors with deep subject matter expertise in Connected Car technology and related pricing analytics, at Allstate and in the industry
- Works with technical staff to enable written and oral communication of highly specialized terms and data to less technical people
- Helps develop solutions in diverse situations
- Takes risks and generates alternative ideas
- 5+ years of relatable experience; minimum of 1+ years of product development experience or program management experience
- Strong working knowledge of Allstate non-property products/services
- Strong knowledge of Allstate objectives, performance, structure, policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software preferred
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to analyze and interpret concepts; Ability to solve problems
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results, both financial and operational
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.