Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Management Workstation (PMW) family within Pricing Analytics and Actuarial Services (PA&AS) is accountable for enabling informed pricing strategy development through modeling the impact of potential pricing decisions, providing segmented analysis and measurement of pricing structures.
This role will work independently to provide moderate to high complexity analytical support to various areas of the organization. Actively contributes to quality and process improvements for medium scope of work. In addition, the individual will be responsible for supporting a number of business processes that exist within the team and ensuring the maintenance of Allstate rates within our tools. Project work includes, but not limited to: rate and rule changes that affect rating, minor & major initiatives, basic to high complexity data validation and other projects that are basic to highly complex in nature.
- Serves as a mentor for the on-boarding and training of peers
- Checks work quality and accuracy of other PMW members for complex projects
- Develops project work plans to coordinate requirements of projects across various disciplines (Actuarial/Modeling/Technical), including formal documentation and communication to interested parties
- Understands the overall project plan for states/regions as well as various product initiatives available to be implemented, and develops a recommended project plan and timeline
- Develops solutions and provides recommendations to project due to the state regulatory environment and specific regulations about the implementation of pricing and underwriting changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor initiatives) for multiple states/regions
- Maintains current Allstate rating plans, and executes major improvements to model design/structure (when possible) with some assistance
- Partners with Pricing/Analytics to gather requirements in order to design and build new measurement scenarios of basic to high complexity for assigned and/or multiple regions
- Develops detailed testing and documentation through various database queries and applications for quality assurance
- Communicates process improvements/changes to affected areas (PMW/Actuarial/Modeling/Technical)
- Autonomy to make daily decisions on the best application of data fields/sources to meet accuracy standards, and to identify and resolve moderately complex data issues
- Performs basic to moderate complexity ad-hoc data requests/extractions for business partners
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with assistance
- 2-4 years of experience; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Intermediate decision making skills
- Intermediate process development skills
- Intermediate time and project management skills
- Intermediate/Advanced problem solving skills
- Intermediate communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.