Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you enjoy Tableau and SQL?
ARS Data Analytics organization is responsible for building Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions/capabilities and contributing to Roadside Services Business objectives by identifying and developing growth and profitability opportunities that enable Allstate Roadside Services to generate profitable market share growth. Turn data into actionable insights and improve business performance. Identify the highest-value opportunities, source the most relevant & trusted data, apply world-class analytics and modeling, and drive data driven decisions across ARS business units. The ARS Business Intelligence (Reporting) team is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) Operational reports, Dashboards, and Metrics for Internal ARS Business Users, ARS Partners, and ARS Providers.
As an integral member of Data Analytics team, the Business Intelligence (Reporting) Consultant is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) Operational Reports, Dashboards, and Metrics. The Lead Consultant will be responsible for the design and creation of visualizations of new high-impact visual applications to make data actionable and facilitate decision making for the clients. Work with cross-functional teams, participate in gathering reporting requirements, design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required operational reporting, dashboard, and metrics requirements
- Develop rich, easy to use, interactive, visually appealing graphics and data visualizations of "large" amounts of data
- Work with Data Analytics Consultant(s) to analyze the business requirements and determine the data requirements for Operational reporting, Dashboards, and Metrics
- Work with Data Analytics Consultant(s) to design the wireframes/mockups for dashboards and reports
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Create technical Metadata and data mapping
- Design, Develop, and Test the Operational Reports, Dashboards, and Metrics
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of adhoc reports
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Bachelors degree in business, management information systems, computer programming or related field
- Experience in building Executive, Analytical and Operational dashboards and reports using Business Objects and Tableau
- Extensive experience in developing SQL and Universes to support Dashboards from multiple sources
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining Business Objects Universes, reports, and dashboards
- 5+ years of experience in developing dashboards and reports using Tableau
- Strong experience in SQL and in data warehousing concepts and principles
- 7 -10 years of experience working with Oracle databases
- 2-3 years of experience working with Hadoop/HIVE/HBASE
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational and workload management, interpersonal and team building skills are required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical data analysis results to business people and business processes, challenges and issues to technical people
- Experience in data extraction, data manipulation, analysis and reporting required.
- Microsoft Office experience required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.