Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Customer Service Representative positions available at Allstate Insurance Company in Lincoln, NE.
Tentative Start: 2/13/17 Training Schedule and Regular Work Schedule is Monday - Friday, 9:00 am -6:00 pm (must be flexible to work a 10:00 am - 7:00 pm shift if needed)
Benefits effective first day of employment!
Starting Salary: $31,200.00 Annually - (paid Bi-Weekly)
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The position is responsible for answering basic customer inquiries on currently marketed health products. The representative may need to escalate request and concerns to the appropriate external departments to meet customer needs or requests.
- Answer incoming customer calls and respond to customer requests by maintaining basic knowledge of products
- Understand basic telecommunications and provide accurate product information
- Provide quick, professional, precise resolution to customer issues/questions
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
- High school diploma required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required
- Medical Terminology is preferred
- At least 2 years of prior customer service experience in a inbound call center - highly preferred
- Up to two years of post high school training in a specialized trade, technical school or college preferred.
- Insurance background including knowledge of health insurance terminology is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.