Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for an Operations Suitability Analyst in Lincoln, NE!
The BD Ops Suitability Department is responsible for reviewing all securities transactions submitted by Allstate Registered Representatives, to ensure that suitability guidelines are met and properly documented into the Broker Dealer’s Books & Records.
This position completes fixed annuity reviews, registered fixed annuity reviews, switch restrictions, mutual fund reviews and VUL reviews for client suitability utilizing defined parameters. This role also indexes documents into our imaging system. Provides feedback regarding the registered representatives' adherence to these parameters.
• Analyze all information provided to determine if the investment meets the goals/objectives of the customer.
• Ensure that a third party can readily determine the basis and reasoning of their decision.
• Ensure that all required documents are on file and completed accurately.
• Approve mutual fund, registered and fixed annuity and VUL transactions as Principal of the Firm.
• Assist the Suitability Consultants with miscellaneous work items, depending on workload.
• Other functions may be assigned, based on work-load.
• High school diploma required; College degree preferred.
• FINRA Series 6 required
• FINRA Series 26 and 51 strongly preferred or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer.
• Requires 2 years of financial services experience, prefers sales or suitability analysis experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to recognize FINRA violations such as churning, breakpoint sales, and switching.
• Must also have the ability to discuss with Registered Representatives/Sales Management/Compliance Officers effectively in relation to these issues.
• Knowledge of all investment products: mutual funds, variable annuities, registered annuities, variable life, stocks, bonds, unit investment trusts and 529 plans.
• Understand and analyze the customer’s personal information: risk tolerance, age, liquidity needs, Investment experience, tax status, time horizon, investment objectives, financial situation, and other holdings.
• Moderate Microsoft Applications experience (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Advanced communication and presentation skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.