Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Technician Consultant I is responsible for moderately complex and scaled projects and develops solutions to moderately complex business problems and issues. Actively contributes to quality and process improvements for small scope of work (region/line).
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the on-boarding and training of peers, as well as lead process improvement within insurance disciplines to improve quality, efficiency and communication
- Own the creation of documents and procedures to be used by Technicians (e.g. task specific job aids and checklists)
- Apply familiarity of available data sources/tools and measurement processes to provide data analytic and decision making support to actuarial staff; understands how each data source and tool is used to support analyses and performs reasonability checks
- Checks work quality and accuracy of other technicians for basic projects or checks components of complex projects
- Determine comprehensive project work plans to coordinate moderately complex projects across various disciplines (Actuarial/Underwriting/Technical/Legal), including formal documentation and communication to interested parties
- Understand the available rate for the states as well as various Pricing and Underwriting initiatives available to be implemented, develops a recommended project work plan to be shared with the pricing or underwriting manager and state manager in order to gain consensus on the final work plan (i.e. Introduces new state-specific discounts or rating plans that would require creating new and unique system requirements, subsequent systems support and new filings memos)
- Understand the intricacies of the state regulatory environment and specific regulations in order to make decisions about the implementation of projects (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor/major initiatives)
- Own basic to moderately complex compliance projects which includes; researching issues and determining how rating rules were meant to be interpreted, considering the customer and business impact in the recommended solution and working with legal, systems and other cross functional teams to complete refund projects and resolving business inquires;
- Implement or coordinate the implementation of rate/rule changes and minor and major initiatives which includes, but not limited to; drafting system requirement documents, representing the business unit in implementation meetings, addressing emerging issues, building test plans, validating testing and providing SOX sign-off
- Creates the rate and rule filings, and associated communications with a given Department of Insurance (including Responses to Objections and Department Inquiries); collaborates with other to research and decide on responses to DOI inquiries, completes moderately complex filing forms, premium surveys and data calls and creates new rate survey templates for different states, regions or products
- Create all post-implementation documentation associated with projects, including ensuring that actuarial documentation components are completed and included in the Masterfile documentation
- Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities for scope of work (region/line)
- Coordinates basic to moderate multi-line or multi-state projects
- Education: College degree preferred
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience; insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail; can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.