Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity as a Senior New Accounts Associate in Lincoln, NE!
The New Accounts department is responsible for opening all securities accounts submitted by Allstate Financial Services, LLC. (AFS, LLC) Personal Financial Representatives (PFR), recording deposits, and processing transfers. The department must work closely with the PFR to ensure the accounts and transactions satisfy FINRA regulations and are properly documented in AFS, LLC Books and Records.
This position will handle training and workflow distribution for the New Accounts Team. Process New Accounts and handle any errors or escalated issues.
- Set up and maintain accounts.
- Review new account applications for completeness and adherence to company policies and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Identify accounts requiring a priority suitability review.
- Accurate data entry of customer and transaction information into broker dealer back office system.
- Conduct effective communication with registered representatives to clarify or complete account information.
- Contact mutual fund companies for new account policies and procedures.
- Process all new accounts the same day received. Overtime may be necessary.
Coordination of workflow/SME:
- Completes a wide range of responsibilities and processes with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Prioritizes workflow according to Service Level Agreements. Meets the established standards for processes.
- Guides work activities and processes within work unit.
- May direct and monitor work assignments for team members.
- May manage data reports and process documents across departments.
- Anticipates upcoming workflow changes, potential impact to the area, and coordinates accordingly. Adapts to changing workflow demands. Coordinates and collaborates with other work areas.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise.
- Assists in implementation of new projects and processes within work unit.
- Focuses on the customer while investigating complex situations, identifying problems, and following through to resolution.
- Create and deliver training to new associates
- Develop and update new accounts training and procedures manuals.
- Serve as liaison for New Accounts team with other departments and outside vendors.
- High School diploma with some college preferred.
- 3 years experience in the financial services industry.
- FINRA Series 6 preferred.
- Keyboarding skills; minimum speed of 90 KPM
- Can perform somewhat complex accounting activities requiring mathematical skills with some independence.
- Can collect and organize materials.
- Can verify accuracy of work using available computer tools and other resources.
- Can verify accuracy of work for others in the unit.
- Ability to perform complex activities requiring knowledge of the Allstate agency business model.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.