Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Agency Solution Production Support team owns Production Support responsibilities for Allstate Independent Agent applications. This is a critical application that all team members share responsibility for providing critical, on-call 16x7 support for this and other Allstate Independent Application issues.
The .NET Production Support – Application Developer position develops .NET solutions, including developing code for complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate and some complex defects. This position designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
- Critiques and evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit).
- Ensures that design reviews are scheduled and executed; provide feedback and recommends solutions; ensures that design standards and documentation are followed.
- Develops code for intermediate to complex modules, following documentation and development standards.
- Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture.
- Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications.
- Applies usability and future state architectures to develop technical components according to design specifications.
- Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans, calibrate estimating factors for continuous improvements.
- Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changes.
- Acts as a technical expert for Band B and C1 application developers.
- Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participates in testing reviews.
- Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; track and resolve moderate defects.
- Handle production support for Agency Facing applications with a focus on the IA (Independent Agent) space. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Internet related technologies in general.
- Resolve (remediate) complex/production issues identified in the system from a technical standpoint as part of lifecycle management projects to maintain stability of the applications.
- Manage production support, process-oriented activities such as incident management, problem management & expediting them to releases.
- Understands how applications integrate with other Allstate components (Servers, databases, ISAM, Active Directory) and be able to determine application impact due to external changes
- Participate in code walkthroughs, inspections, and reviews
- Understand and complies with the application and portfolio roadmap; participate in the execution of the roadmap to include the addition/replacement/retirement of applications
- Work with other teams in coordinating changes across systems
- Work to identify root cause of complex issues
- 3-5 years of application development experience
- Extensive .NET development experience.
- Experience with various Servers, Databases, ISAM, Active Directory is required.
- Two-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.