Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company is looking for a current Law student to join the Litigation Services Department as a Summer Intern. Allstate’s Staff and Retained Counsel represent policyholders in claims-related litigation/disputes across the country. It also represents the Company in the defense of low and moderate exposure bodily injury and property damage lawsuits.
The Litigation Services Intern will:
• Generate and organize various legal documents
• Respond to and prepare discovery
• Have the opportunity to attend depositions and trial when possible
• Draft deposition summaries and medical records summaries
• Perform legal research
• Work under the supervision of a licensed attorney
The salary is competitive and the position begins approximately mid- May to early June 2016 and lasts approximately ten to twelve weeks.
Housing is not provided and travel costs are the responsibility of the candidate. The office is located in Dallas, TX.
• A rising Fall 2017 2L or 3L Law student with high energy
• A self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment
• An interest in litigation, particularly personal injury or insurance defense
• Ideal candidates should have outstanding research and writing skills along with effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
• Extremely conscious of meeting strict legal deadlines
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, online legal research- Lexis (preferred) and/or Westlaw
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.