Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Roadside Services Technology organization is seeking an experience business analyst with 4 years of hands-on experience.
- Gathers business requirements and translates into technical requirements for the creation of mobile apps and enhancements
- Works with business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to align requirements with proposed solutions
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Explaining, reinforcing acceptance criteria with software / QA engineers
- Functions as the liaison between the business line, operations, the technical areas throughout the project cycle
- Work with current and potential customers to determine product features
- Manage custom partner implementations and relationships
- Facilitate releases and prepare client-facing documentation
- Strong expertise and understanding of mobile apps and web technologies.
- A proven ability to meet goals in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Provides business systems analysis and process redesign expertise, interacting with business partners to clearly define and document business requirements
- Creates and maintains, functional specifications/documentation for the applications required at various phases of the System Development Life cycle
- Engages with users to incorporate usability and user interface needs
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years experience as a business analyst
- 2+ years experience developing and analyzing user stories, epics and/or story boards, working closely with business owners, clients, design, and development team.
- Relevant IT experience with significant experience in web / mobile technologies.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the estimation process.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum / XP / Lean methodologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements as the “customer representative” into Agile prioritizing backlog.
- Extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office, Visio
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Insurance industry experience a plus
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.