Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is seeking a senior hands-on engineer who is passionate about building highly scalable enterprise grade digital products. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in designing and implementing SaaS enterprise level business applications, horizontally scalable systems, micro services architecture and the foundational systems that enable them. The role will contribute to the strategic vision of the organization and will leverage a wide understanding of technology patterns and practices. The candidate will be recognized across the organization and the industry as an expert in full stack cloud development, leadership of technical staff, and the ability to make and evangelize technology decisions. The resource is sought for resolving the most complex engineering problems and can present solutions and strategies to all levels from entry to Executive Leadership. They will influence and provide guidance on the most complex product and engineering design patterns and practices involving multiple disciplines
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption
- 2+ years hand-on experience on Cloud platforms (Cloud Foundry Preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 9+ years of design and implementation experience with highly distributed and available applications
- Experience delivering open RESTful APIs
- Experience building horizontally scalable distributed systems is a must
- Experience with micro service architecture and foundational systems that enable them
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions
- Experience conducting proof-of-concept, developing prototype and reference models
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, IT Security
- Working experience with paired programming
- Hands on experience with test driven development / behavior driven development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large, small, Sr. Leadership and Executive audiences
- A deep passion for technology and a love of learning new things
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.