Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an opening for a Field Auto Adjuster in either Westchester, Putnam, Rockland or Bronx Counties!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and attention to customers who have a vehicle that needs repaired. The individual inspects vehicle damage (which may include automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and recreational vehicles), writes damage repair estimates, negotiates moderately complex settlements with repair facilities, and estimates repair times for rental/loss of use. This individual is also responsible for explaining coverage, estimates, claims, settlement, and rental processes to agents and/or customers. The role may be performed at a drive-in location or in the field.
Specific responsibilities include
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
• Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• Investigates moderately complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
• Prepares damage estimates for moderately complex claims and locates parts
• Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
• Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
• Determines valuation of salvage
• Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex claim
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
• Processes claims payments
• Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
• Negotiates and settles moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
• May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience investigating evaluating, negotiating and setting moderately complex auto claims strongly preferred
- Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.