Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an experienced Field Auto Damage Estimator in Minneapolis, MN!
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Combine your skills working with people and working with vehicles!
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident. As an Allstate Field Auto Technical Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people’s lives after they’ve had a loss. You will be responsible for inspecting damaged vehicles and preparing itemized damage appraisals to return customers’ vehicles to their pre-loss condition. You will meet with customers in person to guide them through the settlement process in a caring and professional manner. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment. You will be measured on your ability to provide accurate estimates and reach fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional and courteous customer service
- Investigates moderatley complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates and locates parts
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- May determine valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a basic claim
- Traveling to the location of damaged vehicles and/or conducting assessments at one of Allstate’s drive-in claims centers
- Accurately documenting estimates on Allstate’s state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system
- Providing clear, written correspondence as necessary
- Working well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Achieving targeted performance goals to support Allstate’s industry-leading operational standards
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED), plus three years’ experience writing estimates for an insurance carrier or in an auto body shop. OR, a four-year degree preferred with a proven record for delivering outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Previous experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell is a definite plus
- ICAR platinum certification, ASE certification and/or an Adjuster’s license are especially desirable
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military experience is a plus!
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.