Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Catastrophe Modeling & Analytics Team (CMAT) leverages vended catastrophe models to develop catastrophe information critical to pricing development. The team also provides information, analysis and support to those responsible for risk management strategy and execution, ranging across line managers, state managers, business unit leaders and enterprise risk managers.
The Cat Modeling Analyst II is an entry level analytical position. This role provides support in the form of research and analytical assignments. They work closely with their manager on research assignments of low complexity, and are responsible for utilizing established procedures and best practices for exposure and model validation.
Catastrophe Risk Management and Ratemaking Support
- Validates personal and/or commercial lines property exposure data
- Validates personal lines auto exposure data
- Validates the results produced from running Allstate exposure data through commercial catastrophe modeling software
- Read, understand, and interpret technical documentation for models/perils
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are of low complexity and are small to moderate scale using accepted project management standards
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Integrate and analyze data from multiple sources as to reach conclusions and make recommendations
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with assistance
- Tracks own plan performance and project timeline and communicates and presents project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Provide support in the development of communication plans and materials
- Completes project tasks as assigned and on-time
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes
- Learns and adheres to the internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, finance, economics or other related/quantitative field
- 0-2 years of Property & Casualty insurance experience with a primary carrier, reinsurer, and/or reinsurance intermediary
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.