Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Senior level technician role within Allstate's Platform Delivery and Instrumentation Monitoring and Notification team.
Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems and related software. Other responsibilities include researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, support, problem resolution, maintaining environments and hardware/software technology components to meet current and future business needs. Focus on monitoring & alerting and automation.
This person will manage and plan efforts to research, design, and plan and maintains new or existing hardware/software technology components. They will also utilize proven systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware/software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. They set up effective end-to-end system performance and reliability monitoring and provide data and alerts to help avoid issues or to troubleshoot outages should they occur. They design, develop and integrate solutions that improve the client experience
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Administering Splunk log management and solutions.
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources that use various protocols.
- Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Direct, review and validate the work of more junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert for requirements within areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow
- Superior skills in systems management and experience with implementation of strategic Log Management/Aggregation products...Splunk and familiarity with other monitoring tools such as Netcool, Impact and Omnibus Tivoli suites (Design, Implementation, Configuration, and Management) a plus
- Spunk Enterprise Experience: 2-4 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool, preferably both in supporting the application and utilizing the application for information security monitoring, incident response, and compliance.
- Ability to create visualizations in Splunk and custom queries to manipulate views.
- Knowledge of a scripting language and UNIX command line.
- At a minimum, the candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in IT related field
- Cyber Security/Information Security SIEM experience corresponding to maintenance, administration, and utilization of tools a plus.
- Ability to utilize advanced systems, scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, integrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/ software technology components.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.