Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations organization within ATSV supports mission-critical applications and processes that are utilized by, or are common to areas of Policy Administration. Product Operations managers are accountable for managing teams of internal and external resources for the delivery of software assets that are of high quality, high availability, and that align with our business and technology goals for the enterprise to be leaders and innovators in both technology and insurance.
The role is for the team manager of the tools that are used in the Rate Making process. Ratemaking tools including but not limited to: PMW, Model Integrator, Hobbes, Susie. This manager will also be responsible for building out a team at the Chicago Merchandise Mart office. This person will work closely with QR&A, Pricing, and architecture in managing current/future state of the key tools used in the Ratemaking process. The team manager is accountable for applying knowledge of leading people, project delivery, and industry best practices to influence and implement technical solutions that support business strategies.
• Builds long-term relationships within team and amongst peers
• Models and creates an environment of accountability
• Develops team through coaching and mentoring and providing feedback.
• Is a partner at the table, and collaboratively sets and manages expectations;
• Negotiates solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial.
• Adapts communication approach for audiences at multiple internal and external level
• Leads team and influences peers by example.
• Projects include providing new functionality and enhancements, while maintaining the quality and stability of those applications.
• Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
• Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
• Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of team
• Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
• Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
• Manages work with vendors and employees.
• Sets and executes strategy to deliver innovative solutions in support of business insurance
• Collaborates, aligns, and communicates strategy to the ATO and business teams so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
• Manages day to day work of the program team by monitoring progress, budgets, expenses and scope of policy admin platform.
• Works closely with decision makers create cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
• Initiates and implements continuous improvements
• Anticipates issues and develops preventive measures.
• Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies.
Education – Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years leading projects
• 5+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team or working in a team oriented collaborative environment
• 3+ years Insurance experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.